It is summer, it is hot, and juicy fruits are available in abundance. Let’s make some easy ice cream at home!
You might think ice cream is difficult to make at home, because you lack proper equipment. But here I show you an easy way yo make sorbet, with the only tool needed being a high speed blender. This method works basically for every fruit you want: Freeze, blend, enjoy.
Here is one of my recipes for this summer.
Plum and apricot sorbet
Requires freezing time beforehand
- 4 ripe plums
- 2 ripe apricots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red balsamic vinegar, preferably the aged thick one
- generous pinch of cinnamon
If you prefer a no-added-sugar version, just leave out the maple syrup.
- Wash and cut the fruits in chunks.
- Place them in a freezer bag and freeze until frozen (about 24h).
- Once frozen place them in a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until you obtain a smooth and uniform mixture. You might need to scrape down the sides a few times. Make sure not to over process. Serve immediately.
Note: You can freeze leftovers for up to a few hours. If they get too hard, just let them sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before eating. To be prepared for your ice cream cravings, just freeze a lot of different fruit chunks in advance and blend them at your convenience.