Creamy Butternut Squash SoupYields approx. 40 fl. oz / 12dl, serves 2-3
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced into medium cubes
- 25oz (700g) prepared butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cut into rough cubes)
- 21oz (600g) filtered water
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil and sauté the onions on medium heat with a pinch of salt until translucent.
- In the meantime, take the butternut squash and shred it in a blender (this will allow your soup to cook faster).
- Add the paprika and turmeric to the onions and let cook on low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the shredded butternut squash, the filtered water, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover, bring to a boil, and then continue simmering - still covered- for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to your blender, add the lemon juice and cayenne, and blend until completely smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne if needed.
- Serve immediately or transfers back to your pot and reheat later.
Drizzle a little bit of roasted butternut squash oil onto the soup before serving to add a nice nutty flavor, or try any other nut oil. Roasted butternut squash oil is very exquisite and has a really nice and rich flavor profile.