Today is one of those hot and humid summer days in New York City. Too hot to consider cooking a huge meal. Too hot even for a lengthy blog post. The only thing on your mind is a cool swimming pool, cold drinks, and perhaps some quickly prepared, light food. The latter I can offer: here is a fruity, peach based version of a gazpacho: dive in!
Tomato peach gazpacho
Yields 23 fl oz (2¾ cup)
- 12oz (350g) cucumbers (about 1 medium sized one), washed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 peaches, washed, peeled and quartered
- 7oz (200g) tomatos, washed and quartered
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch cardamom
- pinch chipotle
- 1 tablespoon roasted almond oil
- ½ avocado, small dice (for garnishing)
- 1 peach, washed and peeled, small dice (for garnishing)
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until completely smooth, transfers to a bowl and refrigerate until you serve. Garnish with the diced avocado and peach. Serve cold.